I am a registered Democrat, but, I’m not a party loyalist. I think for myself, and I make decisions for myself. I think they should remove the “Vote all Republican” and “Vote all Democrat” options from voting ballots. But, I find that my values, more often than not, align with the left. I think that Bush is a douche, and I am ashamed that he leads our country.
With that being said, here are some of my thoughts about the State of the Union address.
- I enjoy that the Democrats aren’t standing or applauding at the stupid things he says that gets all of the Republicans to stand and applaud.
- ABC is broadcasting the speech in HD. Bush has REALLY hairy ears. His barber should have fixed that.
- In a follow up to the previous bullet, he’s getting age spots on his face. (It’s amazing how much a person ages while in office. Look at Clinton in 93 and again in 2000.)
- He started to read a letter from a soldier who died. I stopped listening, because it was a ploy. Then they cut to his family. They stood, people started clapping and than everyone stood up. Mom and Wife both pat their hearts with the left hands at the same time. I threw up a bit in my mouth.
- The Congress must be watching England’s House of Commons because there have been a lot of vocalisations… cheering and moaning. I like it.
- OH SNAP! </jon stewart> Bush: “Congress did not act last year on my proposal to save Social Security…” Democrats stand up and applaud and cheer. Damn. They’ve got balls.
- He mentioned the success of No Child Left Behind. I’m sure plenty of people smarter than me will be willing to dispute that it has been successful.
- Okay, well, it’s now 1 hour-ish in, and I’ve stopped paying full attention. Oh, I found out why. He was trying to end on an inspiring note. It didn’t work for me.
The Governor of Virginia is giving the Democratic response, but he didn’t get HD. He keeps his left eyebrow raised and is kind of like a Bond villain. Also, I don’t know if I like “There’s a better way” mantra. But, I agree with the things that he’s saying.